The Church of St. Francis is located in the center of the old city of Acco and is
part of a complex of buildings and institutions established by the Franciscans
in the city.
The church with its red towers and white structure attracts Christian visitors
from all over the world, as well as many families of religious believers who
build churches, monasteries, schools and community houses.
The church serves as a hostel for Christian visitors to the city.
The city's archives contain a register according to which the church was named after John the Baptist - according to a letter from 1673.
Groups and visitors who wish to tour the church building can do so after prior telephone coordination.