Traveling and relocating worldwide with pets require operating under strict rules and regulations enforced by both countries of departure and destination. Rules and regulations are frequently added or updated. Under the directives for Personal Import of domestic animals as prepared by the Ministry of Agriculture it states:
- Personal import of animals to Israel is possible only through authorized terminals: Ben Gurion Airport, The port of Haifa, Port of Ashdod and Eilat Port.
- Each animal entering Israel must have a certificate from a government veterinarian in the country of departure signed no more than 10 days before arrival to Israel.
- Cats and dogs must be above the age of 4 months, immunized and with a chip in frequency 134.2 K”H which can be scanned according to the international standards (ISO).
- Breeds which are considered dangerous according to the law regarding animal control of 2002 cannot be imported.
- The import of dogs and cats to Israel requires an import license which is waived for personal import of one or two dogs and the filing of a signed testimony that the dogs have been in the possession of the owner for a period
no less than 90 days before arrival in Israel.
For more information please press the butten "URL"